Rugs and carpets Warrington
- Always read the manufacturing instructions for rug care
- Shake off larger pieces of excess dust and debris outside before vacuuming
- Frequently vacuum the rug on a low setting to avoid pulling any fibers or fringes
- Straighten out any kinks, folds or curls as these can create premature wear on the rug
- Once the rug starts to show wear on certain sections, rotate it if you can to make sure it doesn’t wear more on one side than the other
- Use rug pads/cushions to help protect your flooring from any damage. They also prevent the rug from slipping and moving
- Try to avoid using harsh commercial cleaning chemicals and solutions that could damage the rug
- If you do need to use a strong cleaning chemical to try to get rid of stains or spotting, pre-test on a hidden or less inconspicuous part of the rug to see if it does any damage
Rugs are the perfect accessory to help complete a room! However they can wear down quickly through footfall, useage and even environmental issues like being in direct sunlight. So it’s imperative you take care of them to get the most out of them.
Here at Welch Mill, flooring is our expertise and we want to help you make the most of whatever type you have in your home. That’s why we pride ourselves on creating helpful and informative blogs which can help you keep your rugs and carpets Warrington in tip top condition!